21. The population of Jiangsu __ to more than twice what it was in 1949. The figure is now approaching 74 million.
A. has grown B. have grown C. grew D. are growing
【解析】 The population在这里是单数“人口”。而它又表示过去对现在的结果就应用现在完成时。
22. -- Ann is in hospital.
-- Oh, really? I __ know. I __ go and visit her.
A. didn’t; am going to B. don’t; would
C. don’t; will D. didn't; will
【解析】说话者用I _didn't_ know，是表示现在之前他不知道。而他现在说要去看他当然是将要去看他用“will'.
23. Because of the financial crisis, days are gone _ _ local 5-star hotels charged 6,000 yuan for one night.
A. if B. when C. which D. since
【解析】可改写为： days when local 5-star hotels charged 6,000 yuan for one night are gone 。
24.---- I' m surprised to hear that Sue and Paul have __ .
----So am I. They seemed very happy together when I last saw them.
A. broken up B. finished up C. divided up D closed up
【解析】break up 断绝关系。 finish up 结果成为；最终到来。 divide up 分担，分配，分享。close up （伤口）愈合。
25.--- Hi, Terry, can I use your computer for a while this afternoon?
--- Sorry. .
A. It' s repaired B. It has been repaired
C. It's being repaired D. It had been repaired
26. Schools across China are expected to hire 50,000 college graduates this year as short-term teachers, almost three times the number hired last year, reduce unemployment pressures.
A. help B. to have helped C. to help D. having helped
【解析】 China are expected to help reduce unemployment pressures. to help 与to hire 位置相同。
27. Compared with his sister, Jerry is even more to, and more easily troubled by , emotional and relationship problems.
A. sceptical B. addicted C. available D. sensitive
【解析】be sensitive to对什么敏感。Jerry is even more sensitive to emotional and relationship problems. more sensitive to与more easily troubled by 并列。
【考点定位】 be sensitive to对什么敏感
28. He did not regret saying what he did but felt that he it differently.
A. could express B. would express
C. could have expressed D. must have expressed
【解析】 he could have expressed it differently.他要是用另一种方式来说该多好啊。
【考点定位】could have done要是做了某事该多好啊。
29.--- Bill, can I get you anything to drink?
A. You are welcome B. No problem
C. I wouldn't mind a coffee D. Doesn’t matter
【解析】 Bill, can I get you anything to drink?Bill,你想要喝点什么？I wouldn't mind a coffee 我不见意要一杯咖啡。
30.This special school accepts all disabled students, __ educational level and background.
A. according to B. regardless of C. in addition to D. in terms of
【解析】 according to 根据 regardless of 不管，不顾 in addition to 另外 in terms of 就...而言.这所特殊学校接收所有的残疾学生,不管他们的教育水平和背景如何.
31. __ unemployment and crime are high, it can be assumed that the latter is due to the former.
A. Before B. Where C. Unless D. Until
【解析】 哪儿的失业率高 ,哪儿的犯罪就率高,那可以认为是前者导致后者的原因。
32.Distinguished guests and friends, welcome to our school, the ceremony of the 50th Anniversary this morning are our alumni (校友) from home and abroad.
A. Attend B. To attend C. Attending D. Having attended
【解析】主句 .Distinguished guests and friends are our alumni (校友) from home and abroad. Attending the ceremony of the 50th Anniversary this morning 作伴随状语。
34.Many young people in the West are expected to leave __ could be life' s most important decision -- marriage -- almost entirely up to luck.
A. as B. that C. which D. what
【解析】代词 代are expected