1. ---Have you seen ____ pen? I left it here just now. ---Is it ____ yellow one? I think I saw it somewhere.
A. a, the B. the, the C. the, a D. a, a
2. The victim was killed ____ a gun ____ his wife ____ a cold winter morning.
A. with, by, in B. by, by, on C. with, by, on D. in, by, in
3. ---Could you tell me ____ to have the picnic? ---Near Xihui Park.
A. what B. why C. when D. where
4. The students were all tired, but ____ of them stopped ____ a rest.
A. no one, to have B. all, having C. none, to have D. nobody, having
5. You can see that ____ room is much bigger than ____.
A. our, their B. ours, theirs C. theirs, our D. their, ours
6. I don’t know ____ to learn English well. Can you give me some ____?
A. why, advice B. why, advices C. how, advice D. how, advices
7. I have ____ the aliens, but I have never seen one.
A. listened to B. heard of C. looked up D. cared for
8. ---Excuse me. Do you have a table for two?
---I’m sorry, ____ there aren’t any seats now. Would you mind ____ for a while?
A. but, waiting B. and, wait C. or, waited D. but, to wait
9. I was replying ____ a letter from my pen friend ____ the doorbell rang.
A. /; when B. /; while C. to; while D. to; when
10. ____ of that country ____ by snow.
A. Second-thirds, is covered B. Two-thirds, is covered
C. Two-thirds, are covered D. Two-third, covers